Let’s face it. Hiring the right photographer to capture your wedding day is a significant decision. For this reason, we have compiled a list of discerning questions to help you find the wedding photographer that is right for you.
- There are a lot of photographers in Portland. Why should I hire you?
- What is the most challenging/difficult situation you have handled while photographing a wedding? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
- What do you do to improve the quality of the work you provide to your couples?
- Every photographer processes and handles their images differently. What level of retouching and enhancement of the photos is provided on the full resolution images? For example, if I wake up with a cold sore on my wedding day, will it be removed from the full resolution files I receive? Will it be removed from the images that are in my wedding album?
- What steps are taken to ensure no family members are missed during the formal portraits? What steps do you take to minimize the amount of time it takes to capture those portraits?
- How do you feel about the use of Pinterest to convey a look or style I am hoping to achieve in my wedding photos?
- While photographing my wedding, what do you do to make the work of the DJ, florist, wedding planner, etc. easier?
- How often do you calibrate your computer monitor? (This ensures color accuracy in your wedding photos and should ideally be done somewhere between 1-3 months).
- What steps do you take to ensure your files are backed up properly and that your CF/SD cards do not fail on the wedding day?
- How important do you feel it is to visit the ceremony/reception site(s) prior to the wedding day?
To see more of our work and to have the opportunity to ask us these questions, please contact us at Paul Rich Studio.